Monday, August 27, 2012

Twins reunited, Hollywood style: DAY .5 & 1

So in preparation of my trip to Los Angeles, I got myself a BEAUTIFUL haircut separation. If you don't know what that is, please ask alexia.la.la, my main counterpart in this 3-part blog of my LA Exploration.
THURSDAY: 
As I waited for my plane to arrive, this man came off the walkway and posed himself like this for about 15 minutes. Eventually the rest of his party joined up and they ventured off. 
Immediately upon entering the plane, a small child started screaming. The woman in front of the family with the screaming child immediately turned around and started yelling at the mother saying, "Can you please keep him quiet?! YOU NEED TO BRING A TOY OR SOMETHING FOR A CHILD ON A PLANE!" The mother got so pissed that she smashed her thumb into the stewardess call button. When the steward arrived she yelled about her case against the complaining woman, and the steward attempted to calm all and prepare them for a flight. I laughed to myself and eventually it died down.
I arrived in LA early, but then we sat on the runway doing absolutely nothing for more time than it would have taken if we arrived on time. So after alexia.la.la picked me up and we dropped off his roommate, we got a late dinner. We hit up Canter's Deli. Fantastic place, however, the cups were slightly undersized as depicted in this size comparison photo:
 I ordered a grilled panini (ham, pineapple and swiss) and alexia ordered 2 eggs any style. He "wasn't very hungry," however,  the meal also came with hash browns and toast, AND he finished his meal in record time. Back to the basics. When the waitress had finished taking our order, she quickly asked if I wanted pickles with my sandwich. I said yes, obviously, because pickles are effing awesome. She came RIGHT BACK with this PLATTER of pickles. We were both taken aback, and then I, of course, grabbed a giant pickle and  chomped on it. I was then even MORE taken aback because it was some sort of seasoned pickle I had never had. Alexia had grabbed one too, and it was not pleasing to the palate, so he tried another. WHAT? YOU don't have giant pickle platters? WELL YOU VACATION WRONG.
When alexia received his meal, he had, in fact, three yolks. I'm not sure if you know this, but if you order two eggs, usually you get two yolks. Immediately I yelled, "DOUBLE YOLKER!!" As you can see, I've outlined the yolks in microsoft paint and drawn some arrows. It was worth the effort.
 FRIDAY: 
My day to explore the Hollywood Blvd area and Amoeba Music. I walked from alexia's apartment to the end of the stars on the boulevard. It was a lovely walk. I saw some awesome trees, including palms,
 This star is in honor of the weekend: SHOUT-OUT TO YOU PHILLIP!
 THE DOORS! BEAUTIFUL!
And...another love....
I reached the end of the stars and was just dawdling while I waited for the light to change. I realized after way too long that the Hollywood sign was right in front of my eye balls. 
 HOLLYWOOD! COME GET ME HOLLYWOOD!
 I got this photo (while being observed by a crowd of tourists) through one of those, "insert a quarter for thirty three seconds of telescoping."
 I then had  a lovely lunch at California Pizza Kitchen (it was staring at me) with a view of the Hollywood sign.


 As I walked out of the Highland mall area, I happened to glimpse this rather unflattering outfit. At first I thought, "Oh, what a cute pattern on that fabric." Then I realized thee hips and pantyline action happening. Then I scrambled for my phone to get a photo.
 I was really enjoying the palm trees.
 At Amoeba Music I purchased this adorable print and a book about Jim Morrison.

 Alexia had purchased some whiskey for the weekend. We had every intention of knocking this whole bottle out. I am sorry to tell you that that did not happen, and in fact, we had maybe 2 drinks each the whole time.
 For dinner we hit up Baby Blues BBQ. As we walked up to the restaurant, alexia told me that last time he was there he saw Nick Swardson. A little after we arrived, alexia came back from the bathroom and said, "UM, holy crap, Nick is here again." First celebrity sighting, CHECK! As I walked by a girl went up and said it was her birthday. Nick screamed, "HAPPY BIRTHDAAAYYYY!!! BLAHHH!" and that's all I got.
I really loved this place. Huge portions, a selection of sauces, and awesome mac 'n' cheese.
 We ordered the beef brisket and the pulled pork, and that included corn bread and two sides. So I got the mac and the mashed sweet potatoes.
After dinner we enjoyed some banana pudding. We forced it down, since we were FILLED TO THE BRIM with other delections.
 Alexia wanted to take a second shot with the flash. Is that a ghost or me?
 This day went QUITE well.

No comments:

Post a Comment