Sunday, July 15, 2012

Yes, I need to check out their essential oil selection...

My good friend abraham and I went out for lunch yesterday. It was a trip that had been planned about 2 weeks in advance. We knew from the get go that Beans and Barley would be the place we'd be headed. It's a glorious cafe, complete with a little market and deli. We started off our meal with a Dark & Stormy (my noontime beverage of choice) and a Bloody Mary (the choice of abraham). We shared the Artichoke Parmesan Dip for an appetizer. I had the Balsamic Tofu Sandwich and abraham enjoyed the large Garden Salad. It was, in fact, large and beautiful. 
There was a little market going on in the parking lot. We meandered on through and at the very end came across a booth with a bunch of plants. My original intention was to get an aloe plant, but on the way there, I noticed a large, thirty five dollar plant and was fascinated by it. The man working the booth looked over and said "That's a Hobbit Jade, or Gollum Jade, we have smaller ones over here for five dollars." Ok, let's see. Hobbit. Yes. Gollum? Yes. Five dollars? I can handle that. 


No comments:

Post a Comment