Friday, July 13, 2012

Did you have anything like stuffed...or just like a regular....gopher?

My cute little k.dawg graduated this year. So, clearly, her graduation party would be an extravaganza of family excess and glory. It started off Friday. The.tamer and I made our way to Oshkosh after I finished work. We arrived about a half hour early on our magic carpet (that is what I call the beige hurricane when I get somewhere in way less time than expected, i.e. stout to milwaukee in 3 1/2 hours). We ended up getting quite nearly wasted with my aunt and uncle. There were many things yelled, including "we all thought Amelia Bedelia was hot, so...." "You fart blart blank burping gutter blank (I may be add libbing slightly for the sake of my readers)" and various other profanities.
Someone may have lost her hair piece..
The next day was the party. We spent the morning decorating and assisting in whatever way was needed. And let me tellllll you, those staple guns are THRIFTY BITCHES.
I ended up taking over most of the stapling due to k.dawg being short and kept hanging them like this: (aka twisted and NOT HIGH QUALITY)

the.tamer was REALLY doing a great job holding the decorations

 When we attempted to hang decorations in the garage it was found that none of us could reach the rafters. Therefore we employed the help of Paul.davis. However, he climbed up on the step stool right away, and it happened to be where I randomly set it...not where we needed anything to be hung. So when k.dawg walked away from him and started pointing to a ceiling area he could in fact not reach from this location, he was slightly confused.
 He took direction a little better after that
 And eventually branched out and didn't need a lot of help or instruction

The food was great, too. Like this SMALL amount of pinterest chex mix.
Then, when my grandmother arrived, she began adjusting all the confetti so it was all facing the same direction. This way, "Congrats"  and "Grad" were easily read by all passerby.
My nephews picked out a birthday card for the.tamer. It was apparently a "doody butt" card. 
Liam had a little cake... (and I think saster is enjoying some in the background there...)
and he also was doing some lounging...
My father played a game...by himself...
and this wayward child attempted to eat all of the parts of each game
Later that night while we were chatting with some family and friends, a few bugs were collecting on the ceiling in the kitchen. My uncle is addicted to vacuuming and cleaning. So he said, "Ok guys, 30 seconds of vacuuming! That's all!!" So, naturally, we timed him.

He didn't make the cut. It was 1 minute 38 seconds. I also got a shot of all the onlookers:
To round out the evening, the.tamer presented k.dawg with her gift. It was, in fact, a gopher dog toy. She's going to school at the University of Minnesota. Naturally, she needs a squeaking gopher dog toy for sporting events. She loved it.



No comments:

Post a Comment