Saturday, June 23, 2012

Could you pick up 20 pairs of shoes from the store? oh you don't have a car? yeah just find mine in the parking lot

Last Friday at work was an adventure. I ended the day having been at work at Kohl's corporate location as well as two different Kohl's stores. 
The dilemma started off fine, until the problems we'd had with a shoe recently escalated and we needed to acquire 20 pairs of them before the end of the day and find people to wear them all weekend. My manager did most of the grunt work, finding 20 people to wear the shoes (myself and another member of the team included) in a very short time. So she and I put on our BEAUTIES and headed to the store. I'm not kidding, my footsteps were about 80 times louder than usual, and we kept accidently walking in sync and making even more noise. No one on our team had a car (three of us were there that day, major fail) and we ended up borrowing someone's car. As we headed to the parking lot my manager stated that she in fact had no idea what the car looked like, only remembered the letters in the license plate, and the only concrete facts we had were that it was light blue and egg shaped. This led to us poking around the first light blue car we see and eventually me getting up the courage to try the key. Definitely not the correct vehicle. We move on. Clomping through the lot. We found it eventually, and realized it was remarkably way more egg shaped than the car we had basically attempted to break into. 
Following that, we promptly hit traffic about twelve times and had 2 semis and one car basically park perpendicular to traffic directly in front of us during the trip. 

We eventually go the shoes....all 20 pairs. We were wondering how well they'd fit in the back of our tiny egg car, but it worked out. 
When we returned, team member kelly.doll was waiting for us, orange cart in tow. I was hoping she'd be lying on it and posing, however I can only assume that would be deemed inappropriate in a corporate setting.

I ended the day with a giant injury from the shoes, and had to borrow band aids to be able to wear my actual shoes. All in all it was a fun day.

No comments:

Post a Comment