Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Award winning

At the Stout fashion shows there are always awards, the recipients of which are hand selected by three judges, usually alums, from industry. In the past I received awards, sophomore year was Best Finale, and junior year Best Technical Achievement in Pattern Making. Sadly, this year, my senior year, I wasn't even nominated for an award. Not that I was only out to get awards, but it would have been really awesome to get an award for something I put my entire soul into. However, I moved on pretty quickly, and told my dad I wanted a dress form chainsaw carving. Not thinking he actually would do it. How wrong i was! He presented me with this on Saturday. And I can proudly say that no other bitch has one of these. He told me it took a couple attempts to get it right, and I'm pleased with his perseverance and with the quality of the statue!
I can't wait for it to dry out so I can shellack the crap out of it. Is that really how you spell shellack?

No comments:

Post a Comment