Monday, July 16, 2012

Just call me Hi-V!

I woke up this morning basically covered in itch. I was literally itching my wrist when I woke up. So I called my mom and apparently my dad had experienced something similar recently. So after discussing the matter with mother and sister, I called my manager at work and left her a message telling her what was going on. She ended up calling me back and I told her I would keep her posted and go to the doctor if necessary. I showered off, soaped up my itch and climbed into bed. I figured maybe I just needed to relax and it would at least die down a little. Nope, definitely not, I dozed for maybe a moment and then checked out my itchy areas in the mirror. There were perfectly symmetrical patches on my sides and hips, and my hand was starting to swell. So I rang up my sister and she came and got me and brought me to urgent care. We sat in the waiting room, or should I say the itching room, for about an hour. Then I registered. This took about 20 minutes, due to a new system that the employees weren't used to. Actually, when I initially spoke with the receptionist, he informed me that it would be slow, but I "won't die." you better hope so, sir!
Anyway, by the time I was in the room with the nurse not only was my wrist swollen, but my entire arm. The nurse thought I had a sunburn because my skin was so red from itching. I tried so hard to not itch. Barely any self control, there. It turns out I'm having an allergic reaction and hives. Not sure what I'm reacting to, but I was told it is probably a food.
So I will take non-swollen photos in the future, but for now, feast your eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment